There are people who find delighted engaging in several exercises regularly. Some do it on daily routine while others prefer weekly. Still many hit the fitness gym three to four times weekly. No wonder they are fit. However, not everyone has the endurance to make exercise a habit and eventually become a lifestyle. For those who effortlessly visit the fitness gym, keeping fit and healthy is their motivator. Also, they share 10 tips on how to successfully stick to your fitness routine.
1. Gradually build up your activity level. Start slow with low-level exercises that can be completed in a short time. Increase your intensity as you progress.
2. Exercises must be convenient and not injurious or tiresome. For instance, if it is possible to walk briskly in going to work, you do not need to devote more time for fitness workout. It is better to enroll in a gym near your place. If the program centers on outdoor activities, prepare to have indoor activities in case the weather is bad.
3. Make it a priority. Many make it an excuse to have no time for exercises when in fact, they are just not interested. A survey revealed that people who exercise and those who do not have the same amount of leisure time, about 24 hours per week.
4. Maintain the achievement. To continually enjoy the benefits of exercise, it must be done regularly. Missing a day or two will not hurt; however, skipping several times at the fitness gym puts you back where you first started.
5. Set a comfortable fitness level. Once the fitness goals are achieved, people are not required to keep on intensifying their program. Rather, people can engage in activity that requires less time and intensity.
6. Accept the fact that people have setbacks. But do not brood over that thought. Work from where you left and move forward.
7. Make adjustments to make life healthy. Give up smoking. Exercise can be among the best approaches to help quit smoking.
8. Enjoy the support from networks. Family, relatives and friends can be a good source of moral support. Even people at the gym can give each other encouraging words to effortlessly stick to the routine.
9. Indulge in friendly competition such as race, swimming, golf tournament, tennis match, or marathon.
10. Do not forget to reward yourself such as special night out, new clothes or a trip, after all, getting fit is an achievement.